Suicide Education and Awareness Program
Suicide is preventable. Don't struggle alone with this serious public health problem.
The Beltrami Area Suicide Prevention Program seeks to reduce known risk factors and promote known protective factors. With knowledge and awareness about risk factors and warning signs, community members can intervene and connect individuals with the help and support they need. By focusing on protective factors we can help prevent a crisis before it develops.
- Increase knowledge of suicide warning signs and how to connect individuals in crisis with assistance and services.
- Increase community capacity to promote resilience, wellness and other sources of strength to reduce suicide and related behaviors.
- Broad-based community support for suicide prevention and information sharing.
What we offer:
- Provide education presentations on suicide prevention and contributing problems to youth, adults, agencies, businesses or any interested group. FREE in Beltrami County.
- Assist community organizations & schools to implement the best practices & strategies for suicide prevention.
- Provide referral & resource information on mental health, substance abuse & suicide prevention related issues.
- Provide suicide loss survivor support and referral information and resources.
- Facilitate the Headwaters Alliance for Suicide Prevention; a community group of individuals and agencies promoting suicide prevention.
- Facilitate the Run/Walk/ Skate for Suicide Prevention.
If you are in crisis, please contact:
- 1-800-422-0045 - Local Crisis Line-Beltrami, Hubbard & Clearwater Counties
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255) - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Crisis Text line - TEXT "MN" to 741741
- Visit https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Other Links of Interest:
- Adult Mental Health Resources
- Free Screening Tool
- Mental Health Resources for College Students
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention
- "Seize the Awkward"
- Substance Abuse and Suicide: A Guide to Understanding the Connection and Reducing Risk
- Suicide Prevention Resources for Parents, Guardians & Families
- What Families Can Do When a Child May Have a Mental Illness
- Working Effectively with Military Families: 10 Concepts Every Provider Should Know