Donors & Funders
Two new grants for Evergreen July 2017
The Minnesota Department of Human Services, (DHS), Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO), awarded Evergreen YFS with a Safe Harbor Housing grant for the next two years effective July 1, 2017. The grant will be used to provide housing and support services to youth ages 17-24 who have been victims of Sexual Exploitation/Trafficking.
The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (MN DEED) awarded Evergreen Youth and Family Services a Youth at Work grant for two years starting July 1, 2017. Evergreen will use these funds to employ a Youth Workforce Development Specialist who will assist youth develop employment skills and will help youth obtain and maintain employment in the community.
If you would like more information about these programs or other Evergreen programs, please contact Tracey Peters, Evergreen YFS Program Director at 218-441-4556 or stop by the Evergreen offices at 610 Patriot Drive NW, Bemidji, MN.
Thank you, AT&T, for supporting the Bemidji Youth Advisory Commission!
Read or watch and listen to the details below!
Donations of dollars, materials, and time from community members and businesses enable us to help community youth and families during some of the toughest times they experience. Thank you! We'd like to highlight some of our current donors for their generous support for our programs:
Thanks to our Federal, State, and Private Funders
It takes a combination of nearly 35 Federal, State, Local, and private grants, as well as individual gifts, and 5 different events annually to support Evergreen's safety net of services for youth and families.We offer our thanks to the following funders:
- The Otto Bremer Foundation for Capacity Building Support for Evergreen's Strategic Planning Goals
- The Mardag Foundation for Capital Funds for Shelter Renovations
- Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless Foundation for Education funds for homeless children and for Shelter Capital Renovations
- Sanford Health Foundation for Teen Pregnancy Prevention Funds
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- Beltrami Area Service Collaborative for Shelter Respite and Crisis Support, Family Reunification Services/Parent coaching, and the Beltrami Area Suicide Prevention Program
- Beltrami County/Support for Youth Emergency Shelter and Emancipation and Living Functionally (SELF) support for foster care youth
- Bi-County Community Action in partnership with Minnesota Housing for the Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program
- MAHUBE-OTTWA Community Council in partnership with Minn. DHS for Long-Term Homeless Program Funds
- Minnesota Department of Human Services/Adolescent Services, Children's Trust Fund, Office of Economic Opportunities, and Supportive Services
- Minnesota Dept. of Health/PREP Funds to support Teen Pregnancy and STI/STD Prevention and Suicide Prevention Funds
- Minnesota Dept. of Public Safety for Youth Intervention Program, Title II, Byrne-JAG Act, and Community Crime Prevention Funds
- Federal Dept. of Health and Human Services/Administration for Children Youth & Families – Basic Center (Shelter) and Street Outreach Grants
- Federal Dept. of Housing and Urban Development for Youth Permanent Supportive Housing Funds
- Federal USDA Food & Nutrition Funds in partnership with the Minn. Dept. of Education
- Federal CHAFEE/SELF Funds for Independent Living Skills for foster care youth