The Housing Program can offer some short-term help through our Emergency Assistance Program.
You may qualify for assistance if:
- You are currently homeless, at-risk of being homeless, lack a regular place to stay at night, are overcrowded, or lack running water/electricity where you are staying.
- You can show that with this short-term help you will be able to maintain your housing, job, etc.
Typically a Housing Case Manager will request several documents. Depending upon grant funding, each situation is different so please call or talk in-person to a Housing Case Manager. Staff may ask for:
- Income Information: pay stubs, MFIP information, scholarship information
- If you are seeking rental assistance: lease information and/or permission to talk to your landlord
- If you are seeking car repair assistance: 3 quotes (we can help you with this if you have never done this before.)
- A completed Emergency Assistance Application (we can help you with this)